tips to drop your last 5 pounds
- an energy store,
- a padding against mechanical impacts,
- a coating against heat loss,
- a construction material for tissues and organs,
- and as a carrier substance for vitamins and other important components of metabolism, just to name a few.
1 – Stay focused.
2 – Drink plenty of water.
3 – Outdoor activities.
- Hiking is an activity that requires little or no equipment and gets you into the great outdoors. The big advantage to hiking is it naturally spikes the intensity level of your workout which helps you to burn three times the body fat of a flat walk. A combination of cardio, endurance, and strength-building exercise, hiking requires minimal equipment, and you can adjust the workout pace based on trail difficulty, fitness level, and personal preference. Hiking targets glutes, abs, and leg muscles. For maximum effects, choose a hilly terrain and keep up a brisk pace.
- Cycling is a wonderful way to burn a handsome amount of calories and get the body back into shape. It helps increase heart rate which in turn burns fat. The best part about cycling is that it involves all major muscles, builds lung capacity and endurance. Depending on skill and fitness level, you can bike in the park or out in the street, or even try conquering rocky slopes.
- Swimming is quite an effective outdoor activity to lose weight. It’s a top cardio workout and helps improve muscle tone at the same time. Since swimming involves a lot of efforts and negotiation against water, it leads to muscle building and fat burning. Swimming also can help reduce blood pressure and alleviate joint pains.
Time for a true (recent) story!
My old friend Tito still competes in kayak events. We know each other since we were kids and we love to go out and have a few beers when we get together.
Last summer he participated in Guinness records, paddling for 24 hours. This summer will participate in the World Championship, senior category.
He trains in a high performance center with Olympic medalists, and the center’s trainers and nutritionists prepare them detailed and very demanding training and diets.
However, my good friend always asks me for an opinion when he is in trouble. Two weeks ago, he broke his foot and sent me a message, because he needs to lose weight for this summer’s competition. Because of this injury, he can not run, bike, elliptical … So I told him, “swimming is your only option, dude.”
Last weekend I sent him a message to ask how he was doing. He was really happy because he was losing weight. “My foot hurts a bit when I get in the pool but, in a few minutes everything is fine. I do not use my legs, as you told me and I swim for an hour. I’m losing weight and I do not hurt my foot.”
This is how your hands look like after 24 hours of paddling.
But my point is, even if you´re injured, there´s an activity that you can do without affecting your injury. As John Wooden said: “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.”
You do not have the pressure of a championship this summer, you just want to look better. If you face an injury, lack of time, or whatever, look at your situation with perspective, evaluate your options and do what you can right now. Life is not perfect and we all have to deal with difficulties. How we deal with them is what will make the difference.
4 – Sleep.
Try these tips to drop your last 5 pounds, I´m sure everything will be ok but, if you feel like you need more help, get in touch!
This is a good and helpful post. As one nears their goals, every pound gets more difficult. Thank you for sharing.
So glad to hear that :) We tend to look for drastic or complicated solutions when we should focus on the basics. The last few pounds are the most difficult, but many times we do not drink enough, we do not sleep well, we train too much, or we eat too little. This last topic deserves a whole post that I hope to write in the future.
Hope you´re enjoying some outdoor activities in Florida ;)
Sleep is usually my foe, but when I start working our regularly, sleep becomes a friend. I do have a question, does there come a point in the evening, where we should stop drinking water. (Made two bathroom trips last night which interrupted my sleep).
Loving Florida. Do an early morning run before the sun becomes unbearable. Thanks for your kind wishes.
That’s a good question! Usually, it’s recommended to drink a glass of water, for several reasons. But, if you need to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, disrupting your sleep, then it’s recommended not drinking anything at least two hours before you go to bed. Doing this you should be able to sleep all night 😅
I love to hear you are happy in Florida 😎
Thanks for the tip. It will help a lot.
Hope you are well.
Yeah, all the family is doing well, thanks 🤗
Haha, and here I was thinking about how I’d like to go to bed early tonight! Your reminder about the importance of sleep was just what I needed to hear! Tell Tito that I wish him the best of luck in the world championship this summer!
LOL!! Just in time 😅 Go to bed and sleep tight 😴😴😴
No worries, I will tell you wish him the best… I bet he’s sleeping right now, tomorrow he has to swim a lot… Again 😂😂😂
Great post with a lot of really interesting facts and links to studies! Love your infographics. They are fun and easy to read!
Thank you so much! You´ve made my day :D
Very inspiring post, and I like John Wooden’s quote.
Thank you so much, Inese 😊
[…] So it would understandably be pretty disappointing if, despite your efforts, you didn’t end up losing weight. This is a problem that many people face. They think that they’re on the right path, yet they […]