Please raise your hand those who want to lose weight! I don´t know what a typical summer vacation is like where you live, but in Galicia, we spend the summer eating from party to party. By the end of the summer, we all need to lose weight.
Have you eaten too much this summer? Maybe you´re more Galician than you think. No worries, my friend, between party and party, I have been preparing this new challenge for this moment.
Home workouts to help you get back in shape from home. You only need dumbbells, a Swiss ball and less than 30 minutes. The challenge also includes some nutritional advice.
We could say it starts at hangover/inactive level and it gets harder with time.
Are you ready to join us? Click here and Add to calendar.
The challenge will sync with your calendar so you can easily access the workouts from any device.
Each workout is an Evernote note. I strongly recommend you:
- Use Evernote.
- Copy the notes to your account and edit them. Write down how many reps and how much weight. Add your comments and meals.
- Save this challenge to compare and track your progress in the future.
- Eat your veggies 😉
Squid is eaten worldwide. Depending on where squid is hunted and prepared the types of meals that can be made by them can vary significantly. They may be steamed or fried and eaten alone or mixed into a salad.
These are some interesting nutritional facts:
- Squids contain sufficient copper that fulfills the 90% of the body’s requirement. Copper, being a trace mineral, is essential for absorbing, storing and metabolizing iron and stimulating the formation of red blood cells.
- Individuals suffering from rheumatoid arthritis are often found to have low selenium levels in their blood. Since squids have an abundance of this mineral, it helps in relieving symptoms of arthritis and controlling damage caused by free radicals.
- Squids contain large amounts of phosphorus, similar to fish and shrimps. This mineral is necessary for stimulating calcium and building the bones and teeth.
- Squids help in stabilizing sugar levels in the blood due to an increased supply of vitamin B3 to the body.
Check these 30 healthy recipes, you´ll find new ideas to prepare squid.
Meat is a valuable source of protein and other nutrients. But when it comes to a healthy diet, it’s important to choose the right kind of meat and eat the correct portion size. Turkey is a relatively inexpensive source of protein, with more protein per gram than both chicken and beef, while remaining lower in fat and cholesterol than other meats. It also delivers vitamins and minerals.
Here are some key points about turkey meat:
- Eighty-five grams of roasted turkey breast contains around 125.
- In contrast, 85 grams of roasted dark turkey meat contains around 147 calories.
- The dark meat of turkey typically contains more vitamins and minerals.
- Turkey breast meat contains fewer calories and fat than most other cuts of meat.
- Turkey contains vitamins B-6 and B-12, niacin, choline, selenium, and zinc.
- Processed turkey meat can have a high sodium content.
- Pasture-raised turkeys typically have higher omega-3 content than factory-farmed turkeys.
In this public notebook, you´ll find some of my favorite turkey recipes.
Chicken is the most common type of poultry in the world. There is significant variation in cooking methods amongst cultures. Historically common methods include roasting, baking, and frying. They are also often grilled for salads or tacos.
Whether you’re trying to build muscle or lose fat, chicken is included in your diet. I know by experience that eating chicken over and over again, cooked the same way, may be boring to death.
I´ve selected 30 of the most delicious chicken recipes from my notes (recipes are not my own). A different way to cook your chicken, each day of the month. A 30-recipes post would be hard to read so, you have all the recipes in this public notebook.
I like to add checkboxes to the ingredients. I go to the kitchen with my list and I check I have everything I need. If not, that goes to the grocery list. At cooking time, all checkboxes are marked so, I unmark them as I´m using the ingredients. Once it´s done, the check boxes are ready for the next time.
Whether you’re an Evernote user or not, you can join the public notebook. But, for a better experience, create your free account, here.