So there are several important lessons to learn here:
1.- Include carbohydrates in your diet to keep blood sugar levels controlled.
2.- Modify your beliefs to improve your emotions, everything has a solution!
3.- Make five or six small meals a day.
More than three hours between meals decreases your blood sugar levels, and you´ll need sugars or refined foods to create high insulin spikes. But this will only create an unnecessary addiction for this type of food.
That is why it is important to make 5 or 6 meals a day of small portions and that your main meals include unprocessed carbohydrates and high in fiber: oatmeal, brown rice, legumes, fruits. Served along with vegetables and proteins, will generate greater satiety.
4.- Add protein into your diet.
If proteins are present in your main meal, for example, salmon, turkey breast, chicken breast, eggs, quinoa, veal and lentils, you will have your appetite controlled. Your need to eat is going to adapt quietly to 3 or 4 hours intervals without making you feel uncomfortable.
5.- Make physical exercise a priority in your life.
Physical activity works wonders on your mood and energy levels, and is also a powerful stress reducer.
If you don’t have enough will, you can always count on an online personal trainer.
6.- Try to sleep 8 hours every night.
When you don’t sleep as much as you need, your body craves sugary foods that give you a quick energy boost. Getting enough rest will help control your appetite and reduce cravings.
7.- Take some time to relax.
Give yourself permission to take at least 30 minutes every day to relax. This is your time to take a break from your responsibilities and recharge your batteries.
8.- Connect with others.
Do not underestimate the importance of relationships with your friends and social activities. Spending time with positive people that improve your mood will help protect you from the negative effects of stress.
You don’t always have to behave!
Everything in life is a balance, but definitely 85% of your behaviors are the ones that will have the most impact on you.
If 85% of your routine is healthy, that remaining 15% will not harm you so much. Sometimes it is necessary to get out of the routine a bit and then come back stronger!
As the Roman poet Horacio said: “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”, which if you do not understand Latin means, “take advantage of the day, do not trust tomorrow.”
It’s time to leave the limiting thoughts behind! If you need help to organize your nutritional plan and your training routine, just let me know.