Do It Better – Week 4 Day 3
Today is going to be easy. Chest and back exercises:
The inclined fly targets the upper pectorals and a great way to improve chest development. The shoulders play a secondary role while the triceps stabilize the movement. The exercise is an effective way to isolate the hard to develop upper chest muscle.
To properly perform this exercise with resistance bands, create a nice stable base for yourself with your feet, stabilize your core, and make sure to have tension at the beginning of the range of motion.
Anchor the resistance bands to a solid and stable object at ankle height.
- Starting position: Grab the handles of the resistance bands, palms facing each other, and face away from the anchor point, and step forward to increase the resistance of the bands. With your elbows soft, extend your arms out to the sides at shoulder level.
- Exhale as you contract your chest to move your hands towards each other in an arcing motion at shoulder height. Keep your elbows soft, and arms extended.
- Inhale and slowly return to the starting position.
Low anchor row
This variation increases shoulder stability and engages deep spinal support.
Anchor your band at the bottom of the door.
- Starting position: Grab a handle in each hand, and your arms extended. Keep your back straight and knees bent 45º.
- Exhale and pull the band towards your chest bringing your elbows close to your body.
- Inhale as you go back to the starting position.
Tips to get the most out of this workout
- Read the instructions on how to do the exercises. If you skipped it, scroll up. It´s important to keep the technique in mind to perform the exercises correctly.
- Watch the first two sets before you start and visualize yourself performing the exercises.
- Grab the equipment you need (mat, resistance bands), put them in position, and keep close your bottle of water.
- Mute your phone. Next 10 minutes you´ll be unavailable.
- We aim for a total of 10 sets (5 sets each exercise), with no rest in between. However, if you need to rest, press pause and take your time.
- Each set is 1 minute long. If it´s too much for you right now, do as many repetitions as possible.