Do It Better – Week 4 Day 2
What day is it today? You´re right, leg day!
Resistance band squat
Resistance band squat is a powerful exercise that uses the extra resistance of the band to strengthen your legs and glutes. By taking your traditional squat and adding the band, you are giving extra resistance to your glutes and legs providing more results without having to pick up clumsy, heavy dumbbells.
- Starting position: Stand on the band with both feet, shoulder-width apart, and hold the handles next to your shoulders so the band is behind the back of your arms.
- Inhale and slowly sit down and back into a squat position keeping your abdominals tight and chest lifted.
- Exhale and press back up through heels, squeezing your glutes.
Resistance band seated calf raise
Just like last week, we´re taking a well-known exercise, seated calf raises, and add extra resistance to make it a bit harder. Make a loop with your band and take a seat, place the balls of your feet on a box, or step with your toes pointed forward. Your heels will naturally hang off. Place your band around your knees and feet.
- Starting position: Lower the heels until the calves are fully stretched.
- Exhale as you lift your heels as high as possible.
- Inhale as you slowly lower your heels back down.
Tips to get the most out of this workout
- Read the instructions on how to do the exercises. If you skipped it, scroll up. It´s important to keep the technique in mind to perform the exercises correctly.
- Watch the first two sets before you start and visualize yourself performing the exercises.
- Grab the equipment you need (mat, resistance bands), put them in position, and keep close your bottle of water.
- Mute your phone. Next 10 minutes you´ll be unavailable.
- We aim for a total of 10 sets (5 sets each exercise), with no rest in between. However, if you need to rest, press pause and take your time.
- Each set is 1 minute long. If it´s too much for you right now, do as many repetitions as possible.