Today we focus on your chest and back. It won´t be easy, but I think you´re ready for this.
Elevated feet push up
When you do pushups in this position, you work more of your upper pectoral muscles and front shoulders. You’ll need a raised surface like a bench, sofa, or bed to do these pushups. The higher the surface, the harder the exercise will be. Start with a low surface, like a step. You can increase the height over time.
- Starting position: Assume a pushup position with your feet on an elevated surface, such a bench, sofa, or bed. Put your hands on the floor, shoulders over your wrists, and elbows at 45 degrees. Brace your core and squeeze your glutes. Your body should form a straight line from your heels to your head.
- Inhale, without letting your hips sag, bend your elbows, and lower your body until your chest almost touches the floor. Pause, and push yourself back up.
- Exhale, squeezing your chest and extending your elbows to return to the starting position.
If pull-ups are too hard for you, you can use resistance bands to work your lats and develop your strength. This exercise targets the latissimus dorsi, which is the muscle just under the armpits and spreading across and down the back.
Anchor the band at the top of the door.
- Starting position: Facing the door, grab a handle with each hand, and kneel down 3 to 4 feet from the door. Keep your back and head straight. Your arms should be pointed towards the anchor with palms facing forward.
- Exhale and contract your lats, pulling the handles down until your hands are below your chin.
- Inhale and return to the starting position.
Tips to get the most out of this workout
- Read the instructions on how to do the exercises. If you skipped it, scroll up. It´s important to keep the technique in mind to perform the exercises correctly.
- Watch the first two sets before you start and visualize yourself performing the exercises.
- Grab the equipment you need (mat, resistance bands), put them in position, and keep close your bottle of water.
- Mute your phone. Next 10 minutes you´ll be unavailable.
- We aim for a total of 10 sets (5 sets each exercise), with no rest in between. However, if you need to rest, press pause and take your time.
- Each set is 1 minute long. If it´s too much for you right now, do as many repetitions as possible.