Belly Fat: The Silent Killer hiding in plain sight
Set realistic goals for a positive mindset
Why do I have belly fat?
Lack of physical activity
Lack of sleep
Proven strategies to reduce belly fat
- Engage in cardio and strength training. Exercise is a key component of weight loss, along with a healthy diet. Cardio exercises such as running, cycling, and swimming can burn a lot of calories and help to reduce belly fat. Strength training can also help to build muscle, which can boost your metabolism and help you burn more calories.
- Find a diet you can stick to. The key to weight loss is to achieve an energy deficit – to eat fewer calories than you burn. It can be hard to lose weight solely by burning calories through exercise, so it’s important to focus on your diet as well. It’s important to find a diet that you can stick to long-term, as a short-term diet is unlikely to have a lasting impact on your weight.
- Limit sugar and sugar-sweetened drinks. A diet high in added sugars may lead to excess calorie intake, which can contribute to weight gain and an increase in belly fat.
- Lack of sleep can lead to weight gain, diabetes, and other health problems. 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night is not enough, try to get between 7 and 8 hours.
- It is also important to practice stress management techniques such as yoga, meditation, and deep breathing, as stress can contribute to belly fat.